Thursday 4 March 2010

The Day of Creative Isolation


Periods in school burnt through : 9 and some extra stuff at lunch!

Hours of sleep last night: 5-ish

Current Levothyroxine dose :50 mg (for now)

The results are in folks, and as expected from my blood tests, my dosage will be doubled to 100mg. Now whilst this is both expected and what I'd hoped for, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. It in a sense means another month of getting "back on track" - another month of living a very heavily restricted lifestyle. But c'est la vie! I've been through 5 years of mounting symptoms, what's 5 more weeks ... man I could really murder a cheeseburger right now :P

In other news, I have gone back to school *STOP NOW! Listen to "Deftones - Back to school"* and it's amazing how much a place can change, even since last year when I was teaching. I'm very proud to have gone to Belfast Royal Academy, even though I didn't always have the funnest of times, I can say that things got better by the year; as i got increasingly addicted to the stage and one of my happiest memories is rockin' out in front of half of the school with my mates!
I'm not entirely sure where that came from - that transition of shy boy to drama-geek to mic-swinging rocker to whateverthefuckiamnow.
Though I very much have a soft spot for that quiet little dude I used to be, and pretty much all shy people in general. You're all so mysterious and captivating to me :D

What I loved best today was "high-school-sense-of-humour"; I walked into the the sixth form centre and then,
some guy,"Yeo! Robert Pattinson!!!"
me, "WTF?! I miss my fringe ..."

So well played to that guy, maybe I'll catch him tomorrow!

Time for the little meditation before I disappear for the night methinks;
"Some people who are silent have nothing to say"

Seems pretty obvious right? Well compare it to one of my favourite quotes from one of my favourite films and something I very firmly believe in;

"That's when you know you've found somebody special. When you can just shut the ---- up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence."

- Mia Wallace, Pulp Fiction


You know you've done it, and if you haven't you should, just shoot the breeze with one of your friends or other-half, perfectly happy on each other's company. It's a weird, cool and lovely feeling.

So maybe tomorrow we'll be ... where we belong.
-Nevin xxo

No comments:

Post a Comment