Sunday 21 March 2010

The Day of Clarity

Do you remember I wrote a while ago about the day after being drunk? That I had a nice juicy injection of perspective.
Well, I've been at that for four days in a row. What have I learned?

Drinking buddies are hard to come by,
Warm beer/cider gets drank faster, and
Buckfast-based cocktails are rather tasty.

But you can only do this for so long before you figure out the best way to feel better about yourself.
(Though I still heavily advocate a night of getting smashed and making spectacular shapes with your friends [sometimes strangers], getting covered in foam and later trying to hail a taxi as you walk all the way home)

I think that when we (yes my hand is especially up) set ourselves goals, perhaps Lent, we throw on the unnecessary pressure. Why don't we set goals we want to do? That we should have fun with? Realise we'll be better once we've accomplished. Most importantly, we shouldn't win all the time. The struggle just makes it that more interesting.

Today is the first day of Spring, so I though now would be best for something fresh and new.
Even if it is just an idea.

"The simplest melodies are the hardest to play"

- Nevin
xxo

No comments:

Post a Comment